Symptoms of Asthma & Respiratory Problems in Pets
Few things are more distressing than seeing your pet struggle to breathe through an acute coughing or wheezing episode. Everyday activities such as playing fetch outside could suddenly be too much for a dog; certain brands of litter may cause a cat to cough uncontrollably. Other symptoms of poor respiratory functioning can range from loss of appetite or weight and shortness of breath, all of which can lessen your pet’s quality of life.
Dogs and cats of all ages may suffer from asthma, but it is more prevalent in younger or middle-aged pets. Many asthma attacks can be triggered by allergens in the environment. Mild cases of asthma might even go unnoticed or, in the case of cats, get misinterpreted as a furball. Mild cases can present as nothing more than a dry, hacking cough, possibly progressing to wheezing sounds becoming more obvious when your pet exhales.
You may notice shallow, rapid, labored breathing with marked movement of the abdomen. Your pet is trying to breathe in more air. Cats, for example, tend to extend their heads, possibly even adopting a praying position with elbows extended away from the chest.
Episodes of asthma can be triggered by allergens and stress. Some common allergens can include grass and tree pollens, fire smoke, cigarette smoke, fumes from cars and factories, dust (especially from cat litter), and aerosols of various sorts like perfumes, deodorants, and flea sprays.
Natural Treatment for Symptoms of Asthma & Respiratory Problems in Pets
AmazaPet™ is a safe, effective, non-addictive natural remedy made of 100% homeopathic ingredients. Formulated by our team of experts in natural medicine, AmazaPet™ is specially formulated to help temporarily relieve common symptoms of asthma in dogs and cats. AmazaPet™ also effectively relieves symptoms such as wheezing, chest discomfort, and rapid, labored breathing.
AmazaPet™ is a powerful homeopathic formulation for addressing poor respiratory functioning and promoting healthy lungs. Using a unique, proprietary blend of highly diluted and scientifically selected natural substances, AmazaPet™ offers an effective and safe choice for easier breathing, healthy respiratory functioning, and comfort.
AmazaPet™ is available in two convenient forms, tablets or spray, to suit your pet’s preference. Both forms are easy to administer: The tablets can be given whole, crushed and sprinkled on the tongue, or dissolved in water; the spray can be administered directly into your pet’s mouth or sprayed on their food or water. Respo-K™, a homeopathic medicine for congestion and cold symptoms, is a great complementary remedy to AmazaPet™.
To ensure the safety of AmazaPet™ and to provide the highest quality, most effective product, all PetAlive homeopathic medicines are manufactured in a FDA-registered and cGMP-compliant pharmaceutical facility under the supervision of qualified homeopaths and responsible pharmacists. Individual ingredients are listed in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States (HPUS).
For more than 200 years, homeopathy has been used to provide relief for a broad array of symptoms from a number of health conditions. It uses the premise of like-treats-like to help address specific symptoms, utilizing natural ingredients to provide temporary relief from the same symptoms that at full-strength they would cause.
Other Treatments for Symptoms of Asthma & Respiratory Problems in Pets
Support your pet’s respiratory functioning with these tips:
- During a respiratory episode, keep calm to avoid stressing your pet any further.
- Try to remove potential triggers from the environment.
- Remember: There may be more than one trigger, so remove suspected triggers one at a time, allowing 2 to 3 weeks to see if symptoms lessen.
- Do not expose your pet to smoke.
- Minimize use of aerosols or make sure your pets are out of the room when in use.
- Feed them a preservative and colorant-free diet; a raw, unprocessed diet is the most natural option for your pet.
- Keep your pet fit and trim with plenty of playing and exercise.
What are the Ingredients?
AmazaPet is a 100% homeopathic formula and contains the following ingredients in therapeutic dosage: Althea (2X), Arsenicum alb (30C), Inula (2X), Kali mur (6X), Mag phos (8X), Phos (30C).
- Althea (2X) is another effective respiratory remedy. It has been studied for its supportive action on respiratory health. (Buechi, S., Vogelin, R., von Eiff, M. M., Ramos, M., and Melzer, J. “Open trial to assess aspects of safety and efficacy of a combined herbal cough syrup with ivy and thyme.” Forsch.Komplementarmed. Klass.Naturheilkd. 2005;12(6):328-332.)
- Arsenicum alb (30C) is a natural remedy effective for assisting the body in coping with cold air in the early morning. Arsen alb also has a variety of other benefits, and promotes clear and healthy eyes, noses and chests, while providing a soothing influence to all body systems.
- Inula (2X) has been used by homeopaths for centuries to address acute respiratory symptoms, as well as for the digestive system. It is a respected homeopathic remedy to keep chests, noses and throats clear and healthy. In addition, this ingredient has been studied for its calming effects. (Nesterova, IuV, Zelenskaia, K. L., Vetoshkina, T. V., Aksinenko, S. G., Gorbacheva, A. V., and Gorbatykh, N. A. “Mechanisms of antistressor activity of Inula helenium preparations.” Eksp.Klin.Farmakol. 2003;66(4):63-65.)
- Kali mur (6X) is another biochemic tissue salt. Kali mur is well-known for its soothing and clarifying effect and also helps to improve liver functioning and strengthen blood and nerve tissue.
- Mag phos (8X) is a biochemic tissue salt used for rapid response when promoting clear air passages.
- Phos (30C) is a well-known natural remedy for the respiratory system and throat, as well as an excellent tonic for the nervous system.
How do I use AmazaPet?
AmazaPet tablets may be given whole or crushed and mixed with food or a treat, depending on your pet’s size and preferences.
Cats and Dogs under 20 lbs: 1 tablet 3-5 times daily
Dogs 20-50 lbs: 2 tablets 3-5 times daily
Dogs over 50 lbs: 3 tablets 3-5 times daily
Dosages may be repeated more frequently when needed for extra support. For more frequent dosing, use 1 tablet every 20-30 minutes for up to 10 doses.
AmazaPet is also safe for small pets.
Ferrets and rabbits: 1 small pinch
Hamsters, gerbils and mice: Approx. 15 granules
Note: AmazaPet is safe for animals of all ages, pregnant animals or animals that are nursing. AmazaPet can safely be used along with prescription medications. No adverse interactions have been noted between the ingredients in AmazaPet and prescription medications. However, as with any medicine, it is always advisable to consult your vet.
Consult your vet if symptoms persist.
For added respiratory system support, it is recommended that AmazaPet be administered in conjunction with Respo-K™.
Get optimum results with regular use
While conventional medicine works by often treating just the symptoms, natural medicine strives to create holistic balance in the body to support systemic health, relieve ailments, and help prevent future disease. Unlike pharmaceutical drugs, the natural ingredients in our remedies support overall health and functioning instead of just suppressing symptoms.
Pets respond to natural medicine in different ways. Some of our satisfied customers have reported observing immediate results in their pets, while many others have reported observing optimal benefits taking effect within 3-6 weeks. To ensure that your pet receives optimum results, it is important to administer natural remedies as directed and remain consistent. You may also find that giving your pet a smaller maintenance dose is beneficial for ongoing support. Many customers report using a regular maintenance dose as part of a preventative program for the continued health and well-being of their beloved animals.
How long until I see results?
Because AmazaPet is 100% homeopathic, it gets to work immediately at a cellular level – supporting the animal upon the first dose. Within a few doses, the respiratory system is supported. While some animals need only a single dose, others may require additional doses, depending on factors such as the age and size of the animal. Most pets will begin responding to AmazaPet very quickly, often after one or two doses.
Response times vary from animal to animal, based on physiological composition and other circumstances – some animals see results after 3-5 days. Pets will also benefit from using our Immunity and Liver Support™ for healthy immune systems.
How long will a bottle last?
One bottle of AmazaPet contains 180 tablets will last 12-36 days, depending on the size and dosage needs of your pet.